Thursday 14 February 2013

Masterchef?

So i'd been having a flick through the "masterchef everyday" book. The recipes in there do look scrummy, however they don't all seem that "everyday" if i'm honest! There are lots of ballotines of rabbits and saddled of suckling pigs!

Though, looking through i've kinda seen recipes I like the look of and edited them to make them suit me more. 

One thing I do like in this book is the pages towards the back. There are just a few _ +... pages, so if I look at the page "potato +" its got some fairly simple recipes for potato salad and gratin!


So. I had a crack at this blackberry sauce. It's supposed to be served with a "canon of venison"...... I did it with chicken and it was bloody lovely!


Blackberry and red wine sauce

Serves 4
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: however long you need!


400ml beef or chicken stock
200ml red wine
1 finely chopped onion
100g blackberries, finely chopped
2tsp redcurrant jelly


1. Put the beef stock, red wine, onion and blackberries into a pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer until reduced by two thirds.

2. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and into a pan. Stir in the redcurrant jelly and simmer for a few minutes to make a glossy sauce.

Easy! I didn't bother with sieving the sauce, I like the bits of blackberry and onion in the sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment