Saturday 17 August 2013

Crumble time!

I went to my nan's the other day and ended up raiding the apple tree and brambles down the side of her house and decided to make a crumble. When I was little I always made crumbles and cakes with her.

You can do crumble with pretty much any fruit I think and the recipe is pretty universal.




250g sugar
200g plain flour
120g butter or margarine

Fruit!

1. Chop the fruit up into chunks and pop into a saucepan with 3/4 of the sugar and simmer until soft. Put the fruit into the dish.
2. Mix together the rest of the sugar with the flour and the butter until you get breadcrumb consistency.  (The best way really is to use your fingers - this was my fave bit as a kid!).
3. Pour the crumble mix on top of the fruit, don't pat it down, it needs to be loose, and pop it in the oven for 20 mins.
Can't really go wrong with a good old crumble! 
Yummy yummy! A good crumble always goes down well! i'm going to do a strawberry crumble next!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment